Merton CIL turns 10! Help us raise £10,000 to carry on.
We have been supporting the independence and inclusion of
Deaf and Disabled people for 10 years. Wear your all red clothes for the day, bake a cake, or walk for change – every pound you raise means our service can give local Deaf and Disabled people the support that they deserve. Please help us raise enough money to carry on!
You can make a donation here - https://www.wonderful.org/charity/mertoncentreforindependentliving
Get Some Inspiration!
Not sure where to start? Don't worry! It's simple - do what you love and raise money. It you are still stuck we have lots of ideas for how to raise money for Merton CIL. If you require any support please contact us on 0203 397 3119 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Do something fun with your colleagues/friends/family/clubs to raise money to support Deaf and Disabled People. You could:
- Have a dress down day – get staff to contribute an amount to wear casual clothes for a day
- Run a sweepstake – It could be for the next big sporting event or Love Island. Assign everyone a team or participant, charge to play and split the pot between the winner and Merton CIL
- Create a snack Jar – Make sure everyone contributes over 50p for every snack that they take
- Sponsor someone in the team to walk/run every lunch time for a week
- Run a sponsored exercise class – get people dancing for change
- Run a stall at your local summer fetes or have a car boot sale
- Run a charity raffle, ask local businesses or freidns/family to donate prizes
- Organise a games tournament - have an entry fee and the pot is split between the winner and Merton CIL
- Get sponsored to wear Merton CIL red or green for the day
- Auction of promises – whether it’s doing someone’s homework or cleaning the bathroom
- Do a sponsored sleep out – you could camp overnight in the woods
- Organise a movie showing and get people to donate to come along
- Get sponsored to do something that scares you like a skydive
- Good deeds for donations
- Hold a Bake sale
- Do a sponsored hike over a common or forest
- Get sponsored to give something up for a good cause
Other Ways That You Can Help Us To Support Local Disabled People!
At Merton CIL we rely on the generosity of our donors and we are extremely grateful for your interest in supporting us. Thank you!
Ways that you can donate to Merton CIL:
Get rid of your old pound coins!
Have you heard that round pound coins are being replaced by new 12-sided coins? We’re sure you’ve got plenty to spend your old coins on, but if you happen to have a few hanging around, here at Merton CIL we’re happy to take them off your hands!
Please don’t send cash in the post, give us a call on 020 3397 3119 or email email@example.com to make arrangements for you to bring them into the office.
You can send one-off cheques, or postal orders by post, payable to Merton Centre for Independent Living. Please download and complete the Merton CIL donation form to send with the donation - Merton CIL Donation Form
Raise Money for Merton CIL whilst online shopping
Want to help us raise more - just by shopping online? Well now you can with Give as you Live! When you shop at over 4,000 top stores including Amazon, Expedia and John Lewis via Give as you Live, they'll turn a percentage of your spend into free funds for our charity!
Simply sign up, search for the retailer and start shopping. It's that simple.
Give as you Switch
Compare or Switch your energy supplier and raise £17 for Merton CIL via Give as you live - find out more at https://www.giveasyoulive.com/join/merton-centre-for-independent-living/ct54304/_switch
Need more information or have a question? Give us a call on 0203 397 3119 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please see our annual reviews to see how your donations can help make an impact and remember, its not all about the money, there are lots of other ways to get involved like joining as a member, coming to events or becoming a volunteer - http://www.mertoncil.org.uk/getting-involved/